“Good” Across The Board: Cedar Children’s Academy’s Success Confirmed by Ofsted
“School leaders have embedded a culture of improvement across the school”
The transformation of Cedar Children’s Academy in Strood was today confirmed after it was rated “Good” by Ofsted in every single category.
Ofsted has highlighted how the school’s strength is underpinned by “good, strong leadership” and the clear vision set out by senior leaders and shared by all staff. Cedar Children’s Academy has been part of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust since 2016. Thinking Schools is a family of 17 high-performing schools across the South East that prides itself on providing a high-quality education to all children and young people.
The Ofsted report praises Cedar Children’s Academy in numerous other areas, including:
- How “the headteacher and deputy headteacher have embedded a culture of improvement across the school”
- Effective phonics teaching which means pupils read with interest and enjoyment
- Improving outcomes in reading, writing and maths, thanks to engaging lessons
- Excellent behaviour across the school
- How parents are complimentary about the school and its leadership, and have confidence in the teachers
- Good use of pupil premium for disadvantaged pupils and of the sport premium, which ensures a wide range of activities are available to all pupils
- Effective support for pupils with special educational needs
Kirstie Jones, Headteacher at Cedar Children’s Academy, said:
“We are absolutely thrilled to have received this resounding endorsement from Ofsted across all areas.
“This is testament to the hard work and dedication that pupils and staff have demonstrated in our first three years as an academy and under the leadership of Thinking Schools.
“This is real team effort and I would like to thank everyone who has played a part in this achievement, and extend my deepest gratitude to all parents, who have continually shown their support for the school.”
Stuart Gardner, Chief Executive of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust, said:
“I would like to congratulate everybody at Cedar Children’s Academy for achieving such a positive Ofsted rating across the board.
“The school provides a supportive, engaging and dynamic environment for pupils to learn and develop. Today’s Ofsted report confirms the superb work of everyone involved to make this such a special and successful school.”
Your preferences have prevented this content from being loaded. If you have recently changed your preferences, please try reloading the page