Introducing the Executive Headteacher Strood Position
|Job Description||Apply Now|
Welcome to our Introduction to our exciting Executive Headteacher Strood position. On this page you can find:
- A message from the Thinking School Academy Trust’s Chair
- Introduction to the Trust
- What is a Thinking School?
- Benefits of working for The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
- Medway – the place
- Our Strood Schools
Messages from our Executive Team about the role
Introduction to the Trust
At the heart of Thinking Schools Academy Trust is the belief that the work that we do must transform the life chances of students.
We believe that the best way to transform life chances is to actively shape the minds, attitudes and habits of young people through a framework of cognitive education that enables them to become the master of their own destiny.
This framework of cognitive education is constructed using the Thinking School approach. Research from organisations such as the Sutton Trust has repeatedly demonstrated that when children understand how their brains work they achieve better academic and personal outcomes than those who do not. This is known as meta-cognition.
“We are what we habitually do” (Aristotle), to transform life chances we must transform habits.
The goal is that every individual, child or adult, in the organisation consciously recognises their own habits, strengths and areas for development and actively seeks to improve themselves thereby creating transformational change in everyone.
Transforming life chances by…
Providing an educational framework that promotes the development of effective habits and cognitive structures.
Challenging everyone to aspire to and strive for personal excellence.
Enabling each individual to realise their potential and become the master of their own destiny.
Your preferences have prevented this content from being loaded. If you have recently changed your preferences, please try reloading the page
To provide a stimulating learning environment for all where learners feel safe to explore knowledge and understanding. We believe that children learn best when they are motivated, clear about expectations in their work and behaviour, feel valued, secure and confident, are challenged and receive constructive feedback about their performance.
To be the best they can be. We believe that all staff and students can aspire for personal and professional prowess and become empowered through the Thinking philosophy.
To actively shape the minds, attitudes and habits of young people through a framework of cognitive education that enables them to become the master of their own destiny. We believe that students require an accurate reflection of what they are good at and need to develop personal insight and manage uncertainty confidently. Developing skilled, independent, reflective learners is part of our Vision.
For all stakeholders to demonstrate the highest levels of thinking and habits. We want our students to be questioning in nature, achieving the highest levels of independent and interdependent prowess.
What is a Thinking School?
An educational community in which all members share a common commitment to giving regular careful thought to everything that takes place. This involves both students and staff learning how to think reflectively, critically and creatively, and employing these skills and techniques in the co-construction of a meaningful curriculum and associated activities. Successful outcomes are reflected in students across a wide range of abilities, demonstrating independent and co-operative learning skills, high levels of achievement and both enjoyment and satisfaction.
In learning. Benefits will be shown in ways in which all members of the community interact with and show consideration for each other and in the positive psychological well-being of both students and staff.
Our “Thinking School” approach is consistent with the aims below and helps to ensure that:
- Students in TSAT are supported to think for themselves, through the development of a thorough understanding of purposeful thinking tools that they can use to aid and monitor their own progress.
- Staff in TSAT are encouraged to think accurately and reflectively about their practice and understand a range of thinking tools that can be used to support student motivation and progress.
Benefits of working for Thinking Schools Academy Trust
- Work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our trust
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning – proven to enhance classroom practice
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of Holcombe Grammar School
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Employee perks such as access to Teacher Perks and our cycle to work scheme
Our Strood Schools
All Faiths Children’s Academy
All Faiths and Rochester Grammar School are the founding partners of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust. All Faiths was re-accredited as a Thinking School by Exeter University in June 2018. This award lasts for three years from this date. They aim to be in a position to be considered for an Advanced accreditation in June 2021.
The school specialises in teaching deaf children. Our expert staff help the children to communicate effectively using British Sign Language, Sign Supported English, finger spelling, lip reading and speech – “total communication”.
Together – making learning irresistible!
The Gordon Children’s Academy
At The Gordon Children’s Academy the staff believe strongly in the importance of parents and school working closely together in partnership, for the benefit of all our children. Staff work hard to create a positive atmosphere where everyone can feel happy, secure and valued. The school’s aim is to provide an education that meets the needs of all our children and we expect high standards of behaviour and a positive attitude to learning.
The school aims to:
- Provide a curriculum that is broad, balanced and meaningful; that provides the children with relevant, memorable first hand experiences
- Each child to experience success and to believe in themselves working together to ensure we enable our children to succeed in the 21st Century.
Transforming Life Chances
Cedar Children’s Academy
Cedar Children’s Academy is a calm, safe learning environment which allows all of our pupils to thrive.
The school has employed an inspiring workforce who show a relentless dedication to school improvement. They encourage pupils to be proud of their school and achieve in an exciting environment. Everyone’s success is celebrated and the school provides each pupil with the life chances they deserve. They are relentless in pursuing the best and show love, care and hope for all our pupils who will become young adults of the future.
Making Learning Irresistible
JOINING US IN 2022
The school will boast a range of specialist facilities including a gym, multi-use games area, three outdoor pitches, high-spec classrooms and the latest science and technology rooms. The sports facilities, gym and hall spaces will also be available for community use.
Working alongside our architects and Medway Council, the Academy has been designed with the Sustainable School Buildings Strategy in mind and will offer long-term benefits for the future generations of students and staff, within the context of climate change and the government’s Net Zero 2050 and biodiversity gain targets.
With an intake of 180 students per year and a 250 student sixth form, the school is designed to a set of principles that will create an environmentally sustainable place to learn, with a calm and sophisticated environment. The Maritime Academy is an excellent opportunity for our children in Strood, as it gives them a through education experience; moving seamlessly from our Trust primary schools, stepping into secondary school life with children and staff that they already know.
Medway – The Place
Medway is a fantastic place to live and work. It is a place with a rich, naval heritage and Dickensian history. It has undergone big regeneration projects in recent years and this is set to continue with 29,000 new homes being built by 2035 across the five main towns. Here are our top 3 reasons why Medway is a great place to work!
1. Medway is only 30 minutes to London on the train, It is supported with great public transport and rail services. Medway is also easily accessible by car from the M2 & M20.
2. The area has a lot of community spirit and there are regularly events for everyone to get involved in, including Rochester Sweeps and the Dickens Festival. These events celebrate the rich history that Medway/Rochester has to offer.
3. We have a lot of History, including the Rochester cathedral, Rochester Castle and Fort Amhurst. The area also has its military and maritime connection. Many of our schools run annual school trips to these attractions.