Learning Support Assistant
Learning Support Assistant
Employer: Holcombe Grammar School
Salary: TSAT C Grade £17,160 – £19,240 FTE (£14,527 - £16,288 for the hours and weeks stated)
Hours and weeks: 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (Term Time Only + 1 week)
Location: Chatham, Kent
Start Date: ASAP
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is the best performing Multi Academy Trust for KS4 progress (2017 Performance Tables)
“Holcombe Grammar School deliver an inspiring curriculum” – Ofsted April 2018
Closing Date for applications: 8th November 2021
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Learning Support Assistant who will support the work of the SENCO. Ideally, candidates should have experience of supporting students with special needs in secondary schools.
We are a successful grammar school for students aged 11-18 with a long-standing reputation for being a supportive and caring environment in which to teach and learn. We have seen significant developments in recent years, which have resulted in greatly improved examination results, and much investment in facilities including three new science laboratories and a fully equipped gymnasium installed in 2016. As part of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust, we aim to guide our students to become successful, well-rounded and confident individuals with the ability to achieve their personal best.
After the school’s 'Good' Ofsted judgement in April 2018, Holcombe Grammar School has continued to make rapid progress towards becoming one of the most successful grammar schools in the South-East. The English department has continued to perform well over the last few years and this post will give the successful candidate opportunities to further develop their teaching and leadership skills as the department takes on new challenges.
Our mission is to “transform life chances”; at The Thinking Schools Academy Trust, we believe education has the power to change lives and children only have one chance to get this right. To ensure all our academies focus on our mission school leaders translated our mission to core values that would be demonstrated and evident in all our Academies:
Child First, Aspire, Challenge, Achieve
What you will need to succeed:
- You will work as directed by the SENCO with individual students and groups of students, supporting the monitoring of progress for individuals.
- You will assist in the promotion of high standards of behaviour and conduct within the school and provide support for colleagues through the enactment of school policy and procedure.
- You will be required to supervise students during break/lunchtime etc. You will support colleagues as directed in all aspects of learning, personal development and emotional literacy both within classrooms and in other defined learning environments.
- You will support designated colleagues in the preparation and presentation of learning resources of both an academic and pastoral nature. You will also be required to be fully involved in with all special activities related to the school and to provide support to extended enrichment provision as directed.
- ‘C’ grades or above at GCSE level (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- You may have a degree (ideally in core subjects)
- You may be an aspiring teacher or someone committed to supporting students within the SEN area at Key Stage 3 or 4, or support students specifically with language needs
What you will get in return from Holcombe Grammar School:
Opportunity to work in a campus of well-appointed buildings centred on the historic Holcombe Manor with easy access to M2, M20 and M25. We are proud to work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos. You will benefit from vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our trust
You will also benefit from a discounted price of the Thinking Fitness gym, conveniently located on the site of Holcombe Grammar School.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
We encourage early applications and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
If this position as a Learning Support Assistant is not quite right for you, but you would be interested for any other positions within our Trust please contact email@example.com, or submit your CV to our talent pool on our website to ensure that you are added to our talent pool and considered for any relevant future positions.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The following documents are available relating to this vacancy:
Please note that applications are submitted through our recruitment provider Jane Systems via https://applicant.website