Head of Department - Mathematics
Plymouth High School for Girls
Head of Department – Mathematics
Start Date: 19th April 2021
Application Deadline: 29th January 2021
Interview Date: Monday 8th February 2021
TSAT Teacher Scale £27,186 - £42,192 per annum + TLR for Head of Department Responsibilities
Plymouth High believes as much in preparing its students for life as it does their school years, shown by its slogan “For life, not school, we learn”.
“The leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the school “ – Latest Ofsted Report
We are currently recruiting for an exceptional Head of Department - Mathematics to join Plymouth High School for Girls. We welcome applications from aspiring Heads of Department as well as existing middle leaders.
As Head of Department, you will lead the department and be committed to the progress of staff and students. Through yours and the departments enthusiasm and subject knowledge you will be committed to transforming the life chances of our students.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a qualified and experienced Mathematics Teacher.
- Be able to consistently deliver good or outstanding practice.
- Be experienced in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum.
- Have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments, particularly those relating to Mathematics
- Be an inspiring teacher with real enthusiasm for the subject.
- Be able to motivate his/her pupils.
- Be committed to high standards for both staff and students.
- Be prepared to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the Academy.
- Have excellent knowledge/experience of teaching Mathematics
- Implement and support all Academy policies.
- Be able to collaborate with other leaders and managers in raising standards within the curriculum to Good and Outstanding including all student groups.
- Be able to raise standards of teaching, learning and progress to ensure all subject staff deliver and all students receive Good and Outstanding lessons.
- Be able to coach and mentor subject staff to raise standards in learning and progress to be Good and Outstanding.
What you will get from Plymouth High School for Girls:
- Work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our trust.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning - proven to enhance classroom practice
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Access to the New Horizons Teaching Alliance, offering a wide range of robust and innovatory development resources and expertise
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
Plymouth High School for Girls is a City selective Grammar school with a good reputation for providing an engaging curriculum within a supportive and encouraging environment. Students are happy at our school and enjoy the benefits of well taught and engaging lessons along with extensive extra-curricular opportunities. We are a small school with a friendly feel where people work flexibly and collaboratively to give our students the best possible experience.
What you will need to succeed:
The successful candidate will be an outstanding, student-centred classroom practitioner possessing a depth of subject knowledge and able to inspire and enthuse our wonderful, intelligent students. They will be fully acquainted with the demands and requirements of the new KS4 and KS5 curricula.
As part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust, we benefit from working cohesively as a family of schools for the benefit of our children, and for the adults who work here too. The Trust supports with planning, trips, events, CPD and much more to ensure that all of our teachers are fully supported, enabling them to ensure that they can deliver the best learning that we can offer. Our mission is to “transform life chances”; at The Thinking Schools Academy Trust we believe education has the power to change lives and children only have one chance to get this right. To ensure all our academies focus on our mission school leaders translated our mission to core values that would be demonstrated and evident in all our Academies:
Child First, Aspire, Challenge, Achieve
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our school, benefiting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
We strongly encourage any teachers who may be interested in working at our school to contact Vicki Benwell, firstname.lastname@example.org We also encourage any early applications and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we suitable candidate is found.
If this position as a Head of Department at Plymouth High School for Girl is not quite right for you, but you would be interested for any other positions within our Trust please contact email@example.com to ensure that you are added to our talent pool and considered for any future positions.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The following documents are available relating to this vacancy:
Please note that applications are submitted through our recruitment provider Jane Systems via https://applicant.website