Head of PE
Head of PE
- Be a qualified PE teacher
- To inspire, encourage and empower our students to achieve their very best in the Subject of PE
- Lead a team to ensure that students enjoy engaging and appropriately challenging lessons
- Monitor the consistent delivery and high quality teaching of schemes of work at KS3, 4 and 5.
- Lead, manage and delegate activities relating to continuous improvement of the department.
- Be experienced in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum.
- Have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments, particularly those relating to PE.
- Be an inspiring teacher with real enthusiasm for the subject and be able to motivate his/her pupils.
- Be committed to high standards for both staff and students.
- Be prepared to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the Academy.
- Implement and support all Academy policies.
- Be able to collaborate with other leaders and managers in raising standards within the curriculum to Good and Outstanding including all student groups.
- Be able to raise standards of teaching, learning and progress to ensure all subject staff deliver and all students receive Good and Outstanding lessons.
- Be able to coach and mentor subject staff to raise standards in learning and progress to be Good and Outstanding.
Think about their Thinking Be their Best self Shape their Success Minimum starting salary £27,186 for all NQTs Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers The opportunity to work with happy and well behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos. Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits. Regular opportunities to meet and share best practice with the relevant year group teachers of the other secondary schools within our trust Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Charted Teacher A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
The following documents are available relating to this vacancy:
Please note that applications are submitted through our recruitment provider Jane Systems via https://applicant.website