Lead Practitioner: Mathematics
Please note the school is now shut for the summer so we will be unable to contact candidates until September, if your circumstances change after your application or if you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
| || |
- Be a qualified and highly experienced Mathematics Teacher.
- Be a highly reflective practitioner.
- Be able to consistently deliver good or outstanding practice.
- Have a passion for teaching and learning.
- Be experienced in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring colleagues.
- Have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments, particularly those relating to Maths.
- Be an inspiring teacher with real enthusiasm for the subject.
- Be able to motivate his/her pupils.
- Be committed to high standards for both staff and students.
- Have excellent knowledge/experience of teaching Maths.
- Delivery of CPD at department or whole school level.
- To implement and support all Academy policies.
- To ensure that the standards of teaching and learning across the Maths department are Good and Outstanding through coaching and quality assurance processes.
- To collaborate with other leaders and managers in raising standards within the curriculum to Good and Outstanding including all student groups.
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- A state of the art new building with fantastic facilities to house, art, music drama and humanities.
- With an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.
- The opportunity to work with happy and well behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- We place a strong emphasis on “Wellbeing for Staff” here at The Portsmouth Academy and were proud to previously receive the Wellbeing award at the Teach Portsmouth Awards.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Charted Teacher
- We work closely with Teach Portsmouth, The Portsmouth Education Partnership and Portsmouth Teaching Schools Alliance
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Free parking in our staff car park
The following documents are available relating to this vacancy:
Please note that applications are submitted through our recruitment provider Jane Systems via https://applicant.website