- At least 1 years experience of working within a payroll function
- Knowledge of legislation, pensions and HMRC requirements
- Experience working within an operational HR and payroll team, additional HR or recruitment experience would be beneficial
- Assist with payroll end to end activity , including but not limited to ; reports, analysis, overpayment calculations, pensions validation and resolving queries in relation to payroll.
- Hardworking individual with accurate attention to details
- Quick to learn and motivated to deliver a high level payroll support to our schools
- Good ICT skills and knowledge of MS products in particular Word and Excel
- Previous experience of using a HR/payroll system
- Able to work independently and manage own workload and time effectively
- Maintain confidentiality inside and outside of the workplace
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
- The opportunity to join a growing organisation during an extremely exciting time, with the opportunity for progression as the Trust grows in size
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employees who join our Trust can also benefit from a discounted price of £10 per month membership of the TSAT gym, which is conveniently located on site at New Horizon’s Children’s Academy in Chatham
- The successful applicant will also have access to the local government pension scheme and an annual leave entitlement of 26 days + bank holidays, increasing to 30 + bank holidays.
- A fun, hardworking and welcoming team who enjoy supporting each other
- Vast support network from senior leaders within the school and our Trust
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
If you are interested in working for our Trust in our HR & Payroll Team, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
If you would like to arrange an informal conversation about the role please contact Simon Arnold via email - firstname.lastname@example.orgEarly applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
If you experience any issues in applying for this role via our careers site, please click here to submit an application via Microsoft Forms
If this position is not quite right for you, but you would be interested for any other positions within our Trust please click here to join our Talent Pool.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The following documents are available relating to this vacancy:
Please note that applications are submitted through our recruitment provider Jane Systems via https://applicant.website