one:one devices scheme
What is the one:one device scheme?
Our one:one device scheme is an investment in the future of education, and this brand-new initiative is the start of a new and exciting era for The Portsmouth Academy.
Investing in this scheme is future-proofing your child for careers that may not even exist yet, it is ensuring that they leave secondary education with the right level of digital skills, and it is preparing and empowering them with the tools, and the knowledge, to meet the modern needs of further education and employers.
Our one:one devices are state-of-the-art, come pre-installed with the Microsoft Office suite, internet security and are updated regularly to keep your child safe online. They can be used as a laptop or tablet with a stylus pen for drawing and writing notes, to use in class and at home. A device they can call their own, to do their work on, store and refer back to when revising and generally get a feel for, and understanding of, using digital platforms to learn and grow.
We will be using software on our one:one devices to encourage instant feedback between students, parents and teachers. Taking the classic handwritten ‘note’ further, that feedback can be an audio or video message.
At The Portsmouth Academy we are committed to creating lifelong learners, and in support of this our one:one device promise to your child is “Making Learning Last”, when they fire-up that device your child is choosing a blended approach to education where their device supports their learning as they progress.
DISCOVER: What does the one:one device look like?
We are proud of our cognitive education, we put an understanding of how the brain learns at the heart of all that we do. We know that the brain, and in particular memory, can make mistakes; our one:one device will reinforce your child’s ability to develop their memory.
We know, without a doubt that investing in our one:one devices will have a transformative effect on your child’s personal and academic success. Come and take a look…
Steps to success
- Explore the content of the website.
- Complete the application form. We will then ask gocardless.com to send you an email to confirm your direct debit details.
- You can go ahead and confirm these straight away. Alternatively, come along to one of the digital taster sessions to see the devices and talk more about the scheme. Sign up details are at the end of the application form and the taster sessions take place on 21th July (session one: 4pm-4:45pm, session two: 5pm-5.45pm) at the end of the school day.
- Orders will be processed and you will be invited to come and ‘unbox’ your device with your child during your preferred appointment time (1st-3rd September); ahead of school starting on Monday 6th September.
£14 a month*
*find out more about affordable monthly payments for everyone
The benefits of the one:one device scheme
- Security included for safe online use
- Affordable payment plan
- You will own the device after final payment
- Security upgraded with every login
- State-of-the-art devices – use it as a laptop or tablet with a stylus pen for drawing and writing
- Great storage
- Easy-to-access information to support revision and learning
- Instant feedback – both audio and visual as well as written
- Opportunity to upgrade to latest model after 3 years
- Dedicated in-school IT support
- Device replacements are quick if needed
- You can take your device to college, sixth form, university and work when you leave – it’s yours to keep!
Available Payment Options (over time or one-off)
“Education is an investment. In the world of tomorrow, competition will come from the availability of talent. Digital skills and the ability to drive technological innovation will be highly in demand. So we have to cultivate the talents of our young people.” – Natalie Sheppard (Director of Education)
Making Learning Last is a promise not a slogan.
True learning transcends the school uniform and the text books; it stays with students far beyond their school years. And as the next part of your child’s journey we, TPA, work with them to hone skills and share experience to last.
The one:one device scheme is investing in the right equipment, using modern learning techniques, offering a blended approach, teaching vital skills and trusting students to work and learn as the become adults.