| || |
The Portsmouth Academy is on a journey to becoming a “Microsoft Showcase School” due to our approach to digital learning. The academy has launched a one:one device policy, so every child in Year 7 has their own laptop, and we are particularly interested in finding teachers who have experience of, or would like to develop experience of, teaching with technology.
Your new role:
- Contribute to the strategic school improvement plan and evaluate the impact of specific areas of responsibility.
- Provide effective line management of curriculum areas across the academy.
- Be a strong presence around the academy, upholding high standards and expectations of aspirations, achievement and respect shown by students.
- Specific areas of responsibility will be defined with the successful candidate.
- Uphold the highest standards of student behaviour and conduct across the school and lead and manage the day to day operations of the academy
- Oversee the day-to-day management, organisation and administration of the academy and lead the academy in the Principal’s absence.
- Design a curriculum that maximises achievement for all learners across the curriculum, ensuring that curriculum intent and implementation are clear to all stakeholders.
- Continually research to ensure that the academy’s curriculum is in line with the national agenda.
- Regularly monitor academic progress and ensure that robust interventions are implemented in the academy to enable all students to achieve their full potential.
- To ensure that students have appropriate academic targets in all year groups and that the Trust target setting model is implemented across the academy.
- Ensure there is a robust assessment calendar across the academy and provide data to the Principal when requested with an analysis of the main headlines and interventions required.
- Work with others and be responsible to the Principal for evaluating the academy’s performance including identifying the priorities for continuous improvement and the raising of standards; ensuring equality of opportunity for all.
- Supportive and ambitious Senior Leadership Team
- Work within an environment where Professional Growth is at the heart of everything we do
- The opportunity for progression through our Think Ahead Leadership structure
- Revised Leadership Pay Scale to retain and reward excellent leaders
- The opportunity to make a difference to the life chances of our students
- Working with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos
- Vast support network from senior leaders within the school and our Trust
- Regular opportunities to meet and share best practice with the relevant staff of the other secondary schools within our trust
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation, you can become a recognised Chartered Teacher
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Free parking in our staff car park
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
The following documents are available relating to this vacancy:
Please note that applications are submitted through our recruitment provider Jane Systems via https://applicant.website